Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sitting Up!

Harrison had been trying to sit up on his own for a few days before his 6 month birthday. He was doing pretty good, sitting for about 30 seconds at a time before toppling over. The day after he turned 6 months old, he decided it was time to be a sitting up champ!
"I can do it!"

 "Hi, Mom!"
If you are wondering what he is sitting on, it's the mattress from our futon ;) 
I feel much more comfortable letting him sit up by himself, reach for toys, learn how to keep his balance and fall over on the mattress as opposed to our hardwood living room floors!
Since this day, Harrison has become a regular "sitter upper" ;)
He will sit up alone for minutes at a time, until something behind him catches his attention and he tries to turn around to see what it is- then he always falls over!


What happened to my little 7 pound baby I brought home only 6 short months ago????
*Sigh*
I suppose the next big boy skill to master will be crawling, and he seems to have no interest in that at all so I think we are safe for at least another month ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment