Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Teacher In Me

The teacher in me is growing more and more excited for the 100th day of school! My love for the 100th day of school began when I was in elementary school! I was very blessed to have 5 wonderfully amazing elementary school teachers! (yes only 5, I was lucky enough to have the same teacher for 1st and 2nd grade!). The one thing about the 100th day of school that I can remember loving the most was making our own 100th day of school shirts! I can remember working for hours with my mom gluing 100 bows onto a sweater one year, and painting 100 gold stars onto a shirt another year. Since this is a memory that has stuck with me for so long, I suggested to our Kindergarten team that we make 100th day of school shirts a part of our celebration this year, and they agreed! (I think just to humor me, but still I'm excited- thanks girls!)
Now, the search is on for what 100 creative things I can find to glue to a shirt! Googly eyes are at the top of my list right now ;)
 As for the remainder of our 100th day of school celebration I plan to incorporate many of my previous activities such as gluing 100 items(puzzle pieces, sequins and pom-poms)  to large numbers 1 0 0 cut out of poster board, skip counting to 100 by 5's using the kids hand prints, making 100th day of school hats covered with 100 stickers, and creating 100th day of school snack mix- each child using 10 pieces of 10 different kinds of snacks so that everyone has 100 pieces in their mix. However, what would this year be without a few activities from Pinterest??? These activities might also make their way into the celebration this year:
I WILL have this hanging from the doorway as the students enter!

 I think this would be a fun and creative activity for the kids!
And, who wouldn't want to wear these cool shades around all day? lol!
If the day is a success, we MIGHT accomplish 1/2 the activities I have planned ;)
It will be a fun day, none the less!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm glad you remember, Ashley! :-) 100th Days ARE special days, and special days are what we remember. Sounds like you have a great day planned for your students! Make sure and post a picture of your shirts you create.

    And, just have to add this: you have a special mom who always put forth the extra effort to make sure you had neat things for our special days at Lynnvale! I'm sure you'll do that for Harrison one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I remember your shirt with 100 bows too! I always loved that day too! I think your kids are lucky to have you for their teacher! P.S. I love reading your blog :)
    Brittany (Sallee) Curle

    ReplyDelete